Lydia Lee leads COACH board
TORONTO – COACH:
Canada’s Health Informatics Association is pleased to announce its
2010-2011 Board of Directors, led by president and board chair Lydia Lee
(pictured), VP & chief information officer (CIO), University Health
Network, and Integrated CIO, Shared Information Management Services.
“This is a terrific board, representing a good balance of different
health informatics (HI) disciplines from across the country,” said Lee.
“Our Board members’ experience and commitment will be valuable in moving
COACH’s initiatives forward over the coming year.
“Working closely with our members and staff,” Lee said, “the board will
continue to focus on advancing the HI profession, which is vital to
successfully using information and technology in healthcare and
ultimately improving and sustaining the system. Our new board is fully
and firmly committed to realizing the COACH vision of ‘Taking Health
Lydia Lee is a respected leader in the Canadian healthcare system,
having held numerous positions in administration and consulting.
Throughout her career, she has focused on strategic alliances,
integrated health system planning, large-scale project management and
COACH also welcomes Neil Gardner as president-elect and Mike Barron as
secretary-treasurer, both joining as officers of the board and members
of the executive, along with Lydia and past president Linda Miller. The
board members joining the president are:
• Neil Gardner, Chief Information Officer, Saskatchewan Health
• Mike Barron, Chief Executive Officer, Newfoundland and Labrador Centre
for Health Information (Secretary-Treasurer);
• Maureen Charlebois, Chief Nursing Executive & Group Director, Clinical
Adoption, Canada Health Infoway;
• Hélène Clément, Director with Development and Implementation Division,
• Trevor D. Cradduck, Professor Emeritus, Nuclear Medicine and
Radiology, University of Western Ontario;
• Andre Kushniruk, Professor, School of Health Information Science,
University of Victoria;
• Liz Loewen, Director, Telehealth and EHR Services, Manitoba eHealth;
• Linda Miller, Consultant and Former Deputy Minister (Past President);
• Heather Tabin, Director, Customer Solutions, Manitoba eHealth;
• Michael Whitt, Partner, Bennett Jones LLP.
The 2010-2011 Board members assumed their duties in June.
For more information: www.coachorg.com
COACH: Canada’s Health Informatics Association represents a diverse
community of accomplished, influential professionals who work
passionately to make a difference in advancing healthcare through
information technology. Health informatics (HI) is the intersection of
clinical, IM/IT and management practices. Members are dedicated to
realizing their full potential as professionals and advancing HI through
access to information, talent, credentials, recognition, programs and a
broad range of services and specialized resources.
Posted July 15, 2010