The 2003 Report on Canadian Hospital IT:
Top Issues, Applications and Vendors
A survey of the
IT investment plans for Canadian hospitals, including the application
areas that are targeted, priorities and challenges for hospital CIOs,
and a breakdown of leading IT vendors in major application areas. 109
hospital CIOs across Canada responded to the survey from a base of 339 that
were contacted – a 32% response rate.
The report determines the level of usage within the Canadian hospital
sector for specific IT applications. Charts and tables are provided,
with breakdowns that include applications and leading vendors.
The following application areas are analyzed:
• Electronic Patient Records;
• Admission, Discharge and Transfer (ADT);
• Staff scheduling;
• Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS);
• Radiological Information Systems;
• Materials management;
• Emergency Department;
• Operating Room scheduling;
• Operating Room charting;
• Computerized Physician Order Entry;
• Integration Engines.
On an aggregrated basis, the survey discloses:
• The level of usage of electronic solutions in Canadian hospitals,
based on the 14 selected application areas;
• which companies are the leading vendors in the application areas -
both clinical and administrative;
• which applications hospitals plan to implement immediately;
• how satisfied they are with their current systems;
• how satisfied they are with current vendors;
• upgrade plans;
• where hospital computer and communications needs are trending;
• how Canadian hospitals compare to U.S. and British hospitals in IT
• the trouble-spots for Canadian hospitals when it comes to implementing
The 2003 Report on Canadian Hospital IT: Top Issues, Applications and
Vendors, is marketed by Canadian Healthcare Technology magazine. Single,
printed copies of the report are available in June at a cost of $495,
while an electronic version that can be shared within an organization is
available at a cost of $1,995.
Call Canadian Healthcare Technology at 905-709-2330 to order your copy.
Payment by cheque, VISA or American Express.